LW Artists/Project Coordinator/CG SUP NEEDED-FEATU
Start the New Year as part of the team that will bring our Science Fiction Theatrical CGI feature to international screens.
We Need LW ARTISTS TO START FEB 28!!
- Ability to relocate to Los Angeles or currently reside there.
- Available to start by February 2006. We also have immediate positions available for LightWave generalists
- Available for the duration of the project, which completes in summer 2007.
- We are looking for team players; energetic, resourceful and those that welcome the challenges and rewards of independent production.
- Preference given to NewTek LightWave, Alias Maya, and Luxology modo savvy Artists, although character animators proficient in any 3D software are welcome.
- Industry standard rates.
- Full screen credit that accurately reflects your contribution.
- An all-CGI theatrical science fiction film that will be released internationally.
- One of the world’s first independent CGI feature films.
- Artists will be assigned shots from detailed animatics over a 15 month period.
- Artists will be given the opportunity to complete entire shots.
- Every artist will be given significant work that will be featured prominently in the film.
- A large, comfortable work space.
- An ‘Artist friendly’ environment designed and created specifically for this project by Meni Tsirbas to enhance the creative experience.
We are looking for ‘Rock Stars”. Our team will be hand-picked by the director from the very best we can find. The nature of this production dictates that we follow an independent production model rather than a studio production model. This means that we prefer artists with multiple skill-sets. There will be no ‘factory line’ style positions.
This is an opportunity for the right person to shine as part of a skilled team. You will be working side by side with the very best digital artists in the community. You will be one of a small group of Artists credited on this feature film.
Project Coordinator (new position)
- Experienced in tracking multiple artists progress on a shot list
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive experience in a high volume CGI production environment
- This is the perfect opportunity for an assistant co coordinator that is ready to advance in their career
- Proficient in LightWave/Maya pipeline integration.
- Extensive experience in character rigging/TD in Maya.
- Extensive experience in modeling, texturing, lighting and FX animation using LightWave.
- Extensive experience with MEL scripting
- Experience with problem-solving typical CGI production issues (pipeline management, render errors, etc).
- Ability to supervise a small team of artists, and work with a director.
3D Character Animator/Character Animation Lead:
- Proficient in Maya. Animators using other software are also welcome.
- Strong skills in rigging a big plus.
- LightWave experience a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proficient in LightWave 3D. Experience with Maya a plus.
- Proficiency in modo also welcome
- Compositing skills a plus.
- Strong overall skill set.
- Most important abilities are modeling/texturing, lighting, FX animation, general animation, character animation, and compositing.
- Proficient in Digital Fusion, Shake or Combustion
- Strong communication skills
- Keen sense of aesthetics, particularly for color timing and creating mood through post processing
- Able to work efficiently on a high volume of shots that will be finalled daily
Due to the start date we urge you to send your DVD/VHS reel (NTSC) or email a web-link to us as soon as possible. When sending reels remember to include specific details that explain your contribution to the material submitted and software that was used. Please also include accurate contact info.
Our mailing address is:
Dane Allan Smith
6399 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 812
Los Angeles, Ca. 90048
E mail producer Dane Allan Smith -firstname.lastname@example.org
viewed 905 times